BOSTON (CBS) – A judge has decided to delay the trial of James “Whitey” Bulger until June 6, 2013.
The trial was originally scheduled to begin this month. A judge pushed it to March 6 after Bulger?s lawyer requested a delay, citing an overwhelming amount of documents that he needed to sort through in the case.
His lawyer pleaded with the judge to delay the trial until November 2013 claiming the defense needs more time to prepare for the high profile case. Bulger is accused of murdering 19 people.
Bulger is expected to testify in the case about his claim that he had been granted immunity.
Victims’ family members have attempted to argue against any delay.
?He doesn?t have too much time. He should?ve been gone a long time ago,? Steve Davis told WBZ-TV after Bulger was recently hospitalized for chest pains.
Read: Judge Orders Trial Delay (.pdf)
Davis says he wants to see Bulger stand trial.
?This is what?s going to happen around trial time. He will claim his chest and his heart is something,? Davis said.
To View Full Story Click Here